Monday, May 08, 2006

More Grading Woes

Now it's just getting ridiculous. I mentioned to Azuma Sensei that I wanted to try my Iaido 5th dan grading at the Oita gradings; he seemed to think it would be no problem. I immediately thought, "This is too good to be true!" Of course I was right. The next day, he phoned me and said that I couldn't grade unless I was a member of the Oita Ken Kendo Renmei. Obviously!

My "Murphy's Law Sense" tells me that, most likely, the next Oita grading will be held in August or early September, which will be exactly when I am back in Canada for my holidays.

Oh, speaking of our old friend Mr. Murphy, remember how I was bitching that I had to work on Saturday (the very last day of my contract) and that it was the same day as the Jodo grading in Tokyo? I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I asked my boss (just to double-check) and he confirmed that we would, indeed, have to work that day as it was an "official contract day" blah, blah, blah. So, I dutifully cancelled my grading. Well, as it turned out, the Friday before the grading, we had our "wrap-up" meeting at work and they casually mentioned to us, "And we have nothing scheduled tomorrow, so enjoy your day off." Nobody else in the room could understand why I was completely incensed: "What? We don't have to work tomorrow? Are you @#$%ing kidding me?"

I am destined never to grade again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeroen Sikkema said...

Grade yourself :) lol. it is really nice to read your stories.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home