Saturday, January 14, 2006

Satan Farts in my Face Once Again

Well, it's not that bad. But I had been really hopeful that I might be able to grade for 5th dan this spring in Chiba. I already missed the grading in August when I went back to Canada; of course, then I came back to Japan and missed the Canadian gradings in December! But I had hoped that I would be free for the March gradings in Chiba. Well, as it turns out, they are to be held on Saturday, March 18th, which is the very day I finish work here in Fukushima. Argh! I will be up here attending some utterly worthless "wrap-up" meeting or something ridiculous; it will probably be 45 minutes or something foolish like that ("Okay, has everybody turned in their keys? Great! Thanks for coming out!"), but this being Japan, it will also be mandatory. If only the grading was being held the next day. Which raises the question, Why is it being held on a Saturday? Aren't grading always held on Sundays?

The good news is that I might be able to take my 4th dan in Jodo. The test for that is happening the week after I finish, so I should have no problem going down to Tokyo for the day.

Maybe it's a good thing that I can't grade for iai. God only knows how much they would try to charge me. 5th dan must cost $300 - $400, I would think... not cheap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home