Tuesday, October 25, 2005

All-Japan Kendo

Looks like I will be enjoying some front-row seats (literally) for the All-Japan Kendo championships in a couple weeks. Alex from Kendo World has (through an incredible bit of good luck) invited me to help them take pictures for the magazine, which means I'll be sitting on the sidelines with the "press corps" (i.e., 2 or 3 guys from Kendo Jidai and Kendo Nippon magazines). Woo hoo! The only people closer to the action will be the judges. I'm going to wear a bright orange t-shirt so that I will show up on the NHK broadcast. I'll be the big orange blob who's staring off into space not watching the match... Haha! I feel a bit guilty because there are a lot of people who "deserve" to be there more than me, but who ever said that people always get what they deserve? (Good thing, too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home