Monday, October 15, 2007

Beppu iaido group

This is the part where I pretend that I'm a fully-integrated member of the iaido group and not a perpetual outsider... (I'm not bitter!)

We had a big turnout the other Sunday, so I made everybody line up while I took a picture. I'm not too pleased with the performance of my camera, but I didn't really adjust the settings very well, so it's my own fault.



Front row (l-r): Yasumatsu Sensei, Azuma Sensei, Kawamura Sensei, Sato Sensei, Nishino-san, Uramoto-san.
Back row (l-r): Kosaka Sensei, Tokumitsu-san, Hirota-san, Naka-san, Yamamura Sensei, Karai-san*, Hamasaki-san, Fujikawa-kun, Yoshimochi Sensei, Ishii Sensei.
*I'm almost certainly not reading that right, but I don't know his real name because everyone calls him Kacchan!

Keep your eye out for Fujikawa-kun. That kid is going to win the All-Japans, starting in about 10 years and continuing for a while, I think. Yoshimochi Sensei is the new soke of Niten Ichi Ryu (in the Gosho-ha scheme of things) and Ishii Sensei is his training partner. Both of them also teach Sekiguchi Ryu.



Here is the team that Oita is sending to the All-Japan's next week. From left to right: Kosaka Sensei (7th dan division) has placed 2nd or 3rd a number of times, but as far as I'm aware, never won. He is currently writing a series of iaido articles for Kendo Nippon magazine. Sato Sensei (8th dan) is the team coach. Kawamura Sensei is one of only 3(?) ZNKR 9th dans in Japan. Nishino-san (6th dan) came in second last year. Uramoto-san (5th dan) is very good, but maybe is going for the first time, I'm not sure. Anyway, I wish the whole team good luck as they've been training really intensely for the last 6 months, at least. I hope they can upset the "expected" outcome and knock out the favourites: hometown heroes Okayama, and the powerhouse team from Chiba that has been dominating the competition for the last couple years. Bring it home, guys!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diese süße und fröhliche Kollektion thomas sabo charm umfasst Bands in den Formen der Diademe und Kronen mit thomas sabo anhänger Steinen, Burgen, Zauberstäbe, thomas sabo charms reduziert Glas Pantoffeln und Prinzessinnen selbst! thomas sabo charms günstig Und sie kommen in einer Vielzahl von noblen thomas sabo anhänger günstig und girly Farben: rosa, weiß, lila, thomas sabo anhänger billig blau und gold. Alle Mädchen wollen in einigen thomas sabo 2010 zu investieren und dann kann es losgehen dass Handelssystem und thomas sabo reduziert Sie erhalten alle Prinzessinnen euch sein! Und für Sie gibt es die thomas sabo shop Jungs Silly Bandz-Sea Creatures-Bereich.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home